Sunday, April 19, 2009

Experiencing Global Warming





I as a kid debated on this issue handful number of times without experiences the consequences. My dad told me once that this was also a hit topic during his college days. It has been so long and nothing appreciable has been done to this account.


The year 2009 was an eventful year for me to experience more on global warming personally. Thanks to BBC & Google weather for keeping me updated. A pair of my observations:

1) This year seasons came 2 days early. 2 out of 365 is a whole lot number if we assume in 15 years season shifts by a month!!!

2) Today, Kharagpur's Maximum Temp. was 44 C & Delhi's was 40 C. These both cities are on nearly same latitude while Kharagpur being near sea coast and Delhi having land locked geography. Every year Delhi is hotter than Kharagpur with high margin.

What has these events changed in me:

1) Will i live more than 20 years? I will enjoy my life to the fullest as i am not sure if i will live for more 20 years.

2) I cannot fulfill my dream of settling in a beach house as we have to move towards land to increase our life expectancy.

3) I have to show my children everything as early as possible so that they don't miss the essence of being alive for a short span of time.

No comments: