Friday, December 26, 2008

Will my children be happy?


I always thought, that i would give all the joy to my children and never let smiles go away from their faces.

I always used to think, that i would never lie to my children.

I always keep on thinking, that i would teach them principles which i also follow in life and every other good person does.

But wait, will i be able to do that. I am afraid to raise kids in this world?

Will i be able to tell them, don't fight over an object while big leaders across the globe are fighting for what not?

Will i be able to tell them, don't throw waste on road or pollute the world while i myself is afraid to breathe this poisonous air?

Will i be able to tell them, go and play in sun while i am afraid of ozone layer depletion.

Will i be able to tell them, share things with others while rich cannot share 500 bucks on poor's education?

Will i be able to tell them, be a responsible, non-corrupt, honest and sensible leader?

Will they be able to see the brightest of the flowers or lions or giraffes?

Will they be able to see Taj Mahal as white as it is now?

No, i feel worried, i have to do something to change my children's future, if not mine.

Don't you all feel worried.

Either change the world or don't have kids!!!

6 comments:

Aditya Anand said...

I agree Kanav with the essence of the post.

It is not a perfect world. It never was. They will just be as happy as we were, ie. if you need an answer. I never got to see the hanging gardens of Babylon or the Babri Masjit yet I live.

The point though is we try.

Oh also I didn't know that you could write. You have certainly improved a lot over time

kanav said...

hehe.....thnx aditya.....i still can't write....my language is still formal, professional and not with a novelistic touch.

bhavjot said...

kanav i rem d lecture in cjs hall
..it was pertaining G.K.Chesterton,the great essayist ...
this guy was in a prose writing competition.he was asked to write on what cud be done to change this world into a better place . when other ace writers were busy filling pages , this guy just wrote one word ..."I"
N he was announced the winner !
,,

Aditya Anand said...

You will get there :)

kanav said...

indeed a nice comment bhavjot.....i read more on him.....he indeed was a nice writer

bhavjot said...

nice to see kanav that u tried an otherwise boring essayist ,,but do try his advantages of having one leg
(only if u can bear it ..lol)